Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Not sure what to make of this man I recently met? Married people advice!?

I know this is the married people board but I'm divorced with children and just getting back into the dating scene. Need input from mature folks on here.





I met this guy 2 weeks ago. We've gone out twice. Both times he has told me he thinks I'm very attractive. The spark was definitely there. We kissed a lot on the 2nd date but that's as far as it went. I went out of town last weekend and before I Ieft he seemed to can't wait until I got back. Since coming back on Monday he only calls while I'm at work. I kind of mentioned I wanted to talk to him more and he implied we're professional adults in the working world and not in college anymore so the talking on the phone a lot is kiddy stuff. I was hoping he would have wanted to hang out today on V-Day but no luck. He called me last night after work and I asked what he was doing today(hint hint). He told me he was going golfing with his single guy friends but he wanted to go to the movies on Sunday with me. Am I looking for too much in this guy so soon? It just threw me after the initial great two dates we had that he would want to spend V-day with some guys. I'm thinking either he's gay, wanting to hook up with another woman he will get some booty from, or he is just not that into me even though he acted like he was.





Should I chill out and take things slow following his lead or just bail?Not sure what to make of this man I recently met? Married people advice!?
He sounds like a married, cheating scumbag. Let this one go.Not sure what to make of this man I recently met? Married people advice!?
Valentines day puts so much pressure on a just starting relationship. It also means a lot of times much more to a woman than a man. Chill. He wants to see you on Sunday after only two dates it is best not to push things on V,. Day. Remember Valentines day is a Commerical Holiday to pump up retail sales for the first quarter. If this is for real he has 364 more days to show he loves you
Chill out and take things slow. This doesn't sound like a committed relationship yet. Feel free to date other people too. Don't wait around for his phone call.
I agree with SuzyQ. Sounds like he's only having contact with you when he can (the other woman's not around).
Only time will tell. Don't get too wrapped up in this guy. You only went on two dates - that's nothing. You are not in a relationship and the way you are acting will turn him away even more. Don't chase him. Let him chase you. YOU need to be the one that is too busy to be with him. Start dating other people for now. 'forget' about him. Let him come to you. If you want, do a little investigating to make sure he isn't married. you never know these days- you need to be your own best friend and remember - you are a woman who is hunted by wolves in sheep's clothing! It's just part of being a female. you have to be sly and smarter than the wolves hunting you and make sure the so called 'sheep' is really not a wolf in sheeps' clothing - and the only way to tell that is with time - plenty of time to really get to know someone to make sure they are who they say they are. Do NOT rush too soon - you only open yourself up to all kinds of weirdos - like people who may prey on you for money or married people who lie to you and tell you they aren't or the druggy who never used drugs in front of you so you don't find out until later or the guy that just wants to get laid and lies about his 'feelings for you and how wonderful you are' until you sleep with him then your left with a broken heart and he is no where to be seen! The best advice - let him come to you, take your time getting to know they guy and have fun dating other people in the mean time and if he doesn't change his ways - oh well, he isn't good enough for you because he isn't fullfilling YOUR needs or making YOU happy. Put your self first - ask 'Is he making ME happy' not ' Why isn't he calling or this or that' Remember, you also have kids you need to protect. So, when dating only ask - 'is he making me happy?' and if he isn't - move on and forget about him. there are other fish in the sea and MR wonderful will show up but he can't show up if you are hung up on mr wrong.
this coming from a guy married 20 + years i think i would research this guy . do a little looking around.it seems to me only calling while at work or spending a day like today of all days with his buddys or so he says.sounds abit fishy.if you think your interested then investigate him.if hes not worth checking out move on.for your sake and your childs.if i had only been on two dates with my wife i would not miss the chance to be with her on this day
I would also have to agree he has someone else or isn't that interested in you only because you did not give him some booty. which in that case I would say move on. But I would go on the date on Sunday and if he is nice an doesn't try to get somr booty maybe it was to much on V-day, but otherwise run he is only looking for a booty call

No comments:

Post a Comment