Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I feel overwhelmed about having a newborn and being young and not married. Any advice?

I am not married but am planning on getting married to my boyfriend. I don't want to until i am 18 which is in june. I know that seems young but i love him to pieces and have for 3 years with no complications. We just had a baby girl and he comes over every day practically to help me and we get help and support from both families. I don't know what to do because older ppl are telling me i should wait because you change as you get older and that marriage is a big deal. but don't you think your baby should have her parents there for her to raise her. I don't know maybe i am over thinking it.I feel overwhelmed about having a newborn and being young and not married. Any advice?
You are very fortunate to have a good support system. It sounds like your baby has the attention of both parents which makes her a very blessed little girl.


I understand why you want to be married but the older folks are correct when they tell you that we change as we mature.


You must do what you feel is best and then live with that decision. I don't think you are overthinking anything, in fact I think the fact that you are questioning things shows maturity.I feel overwhelmed about having a newborn and being young and not married. Any advice?
Hi Jasmine, I think you should heed other people's advices. You are too young to get married. Having a kid with your boyfriend doesn't mean you should marry him. Emotions change through time. Just enjoy the moment you are happy with him and your baby. Remember that divorce/annulment is a very tedious and complicated process.
u don't have to be married to show ur daughter she has a mom and a dad. its hard to find a guy who wants to stick around and help. i know how u feel I'm with the father of my baby we talk about getting married but idk yet. i wanna see if it'll work out first just living together. so good luck . dont worry about what people say as long as ur baby is loved.
The body of a women goes thru much changes after they have a baby they can become depressed, stressed for they are not prepared for the changes in there lives , but once they get them selves into a routine things will work out in the end, Be strong.
If you two have a great relationship and you have love, trust and all of that then, I'd say go through with it.
Well I'm not exactly in your situation, but I'll try offer some advice! First of all, while it is true that people do ';change';, I don't think it's ever so incredibly much that you'll grow so far apart that one day you can't stand each other... know what I mean? There are lots of people from like middle school who I still talk to (I'm 20 now) and yeah, people ';change';.. as in, some of their view points, and their style and simple things like that, but they are the same for the most part. I mean, they are overall the same person they were.. So I wouldn't be too afraid of you guys changing on each other.. about being too young... you sound mature for your age, I mean choosing to be responsible %26amp; keep the baby in the 1st place is a huge decision (and a good one!) and it shows you have accountability. and the fact that your bf comes over and helps out all the time is also a good sign! does he wanna get married too? I've never been married,but yeah it'sa big deal.. but you two seem to have a good support system! so good luck with everything and yes it's totally normal to feel overwhelmed in that kind of a situation! :)
If you love eachother enough you will change and grow together but from my own experience its hard you have to really want to work on your marriage and always put your all into it i married my husband when i was day after i turned 20 but been together on%26amp;off since i was 16 we now have been married for 10 yrs and have 4 children and you do change but that's a part of growing up just have to work threw it together. i feel your doing the right thing and good luck to both of you

No comments:

Post a Comment