Sunday, August 22, 2010

I longer want to get married anymore, advice please?

I love my fiance to death, he is my best friend and even tho we fight at times, He is the love of my life. We have been together for over 2 years and finally are getting married this august. He is not the problem, its the stress from the wedding planning. I have 20 different people giving me 50 different Ideas about the wedding. Everyone thinks their Ideas are better then each others. There is constant fighting and bickering about the wedding, dj, venue etc. It pretty much sucks planning the wedding and its getting to the point that I don't want to get married anymore. Has anyone been there? What do I do?I longer want to get married anymore, advice please?
It's a incredibly stressful time, but a great test to the relationship to see how much it can handle. But, doesn't sound like he is the problem.


You are getting information thrown to you at every angle. What I would do the next time something like this happens is politely, but firmly say that you appreciate the help, but it's really stressing you out and if it keeps up there might not be a wedding. Hopefully people will get the point. Sometimes we are so excited to help we don't realize how much stress throwing ideas constantly at the bride, no matter how great they are, is very stressful.I longer want to get married anymore, advice please?
I wasn't, but I had a friend who was. She took a few people that she was closest to, and eloped to Las Vegas. She was very happy to have a wedding with the pressure off.
Ahhhh Wedding crap! I remember those days for my sister ...and not myself. Ok, my advise is only good if you can have a wedding that is not fantasy perfect wedding. You, as the bride have a right to enjoy the wedding time. I stopped caring about the wedding plans and focused on our future marriage. Your wedding is only one day but your marriage is forever...or why would you make that commitment in the first place? I also had to remind everyone of that also. My wedding was simple (its the only way) and I didn't make a lot of the decisions because there were just too many. When someone asked me what I thought of their idea for something that needed to be done and it wasn't ugly I said ';I don't care I'm getting married Do it!'; ...and it was done. If someone else wanted to take over I let them know it was already taken care of and moved on. I let the Brides Maids pick out their own dress and I just didn't care what it looked like as long as it was the right color. They were beautiful. (Who's gona pick out an ugly dress for themselves?). My colors were black and white with red roses...My brides maids were in black (some had a little bit of white) and had red roses for flowers.. My Mom picked out most of the decorations and it was perfect...if it hadn't been who cares...no one remembered later anyways...and I don't remember anyone's wedding decor either and I've been a bridesmaid many a times. I picked the cake and my dress because those really mattered to me. In Short I loved my wedding day I was stress free and I love my marriage (not alway stress free). My sister wasn't so stress free on her wedding day because she felt it had to be perfect. but she loves her marriage. You might not be able to stop all the bickering but you can change your focus and attitude and chose not to let the others bother you. You could even do a really small ceremony with family and close friends who should be family only and do a reception the next weekend...we did and it was more fun. Just remember you are suppose to enjoy this time and If you are not its not because of marriage but because of mis placed focus. You sound like you would have a happy marriage, don't let a drama over a wedding stop you from having that. Also if you are having those annoying wedding meetings and that is were everyone is fighting..stop having them. I always hated those. Just call up people and tell them what you want them to do. Ok I feel like I'm going on and on here. If you want more advise you can let me know. But HAVE FUN!!!
you're the bride, and you shouldn't listen to anyone but yourself. if you need an opinion on something, don't go to 50 different people, instead you go to 5 or 6 trusted people that have been there. like did one of your friends throw a party or have a wedding with a dj? you could go to her to see if she liked her dj.
Dont let anyone else tell you what to do. Just make decisions that best suit you and your fiance.





If all else fails ...elope.
I totally understand!!!


This is my second marriage and I truly want a Non Stress wedding...... My guy is great... I love him more than I thought possible... We asked each other what our 'ideal' wedding would be like. We both came up with the same picture.....easy going, family, no frills !!! We are getting married on my land in the country, at 7 pm, no meal to stress out on, only one guitar player/singer for back ground beauty and a large outdoor fire. We are asking our friends and family not to bring gifts, instead, we ask if they would bring a chair and a log to throw on the fire to help us celebrate! We have also decided, No needless money spent on fancy dresses and tuxes!!! (my future father in law Loves that idea....no tie!!!)


Of coarse family and friends have their ideas on what we Should do or what we Also could do. But we are holding firm to what WE want at our wedding...... It is our wedding and at our age We Should be able to do what makes us happy as a couple........ Best of luck! Remember, it is Your Wedding, make it your Memories not someone eles's.......
Elope
I am getting married for this June and it is the second marriage for both of us. We have learned from our past mistakes and one of them was our last weddings. He didn't want certain things but let others dictate and I did as well. This is your and your fiance's day - bottom-line...it is NO one else's. Anyone that loves you still will love you after you have YOUR day...not theirs. TALK to your fiance and be honest of the stress you are feeling. A wedding is a DAY...not a lifetime. Enjoy the day but cherish the lifetime together. Though we all want it to the ';the perfect day';...please, please remember that is only a day....plan for the lifetime of happiness and don't let a day ruin it for you. Use the phrase we use if you would like to help when we get other opinions, ';thanks! duly noted and completely ignored!';...say it with a smile...you'll feel great!
Talk to your fiance. Tell him that you love him . . . but you can no longer handle the stress of a big wedding.





Then plan a romantic elopement . . . just the two of you!





How about something like this?


http://www.elopetothemountains.com/packa鈥?/a>
If you really want to continue with the wedding, then you have to stop considering their advice. The same thing happened to me and I started to get really upset and it begun to ruin the whole thing! So, I shook my head when people gave me suggestions, and then did what I wanted to. Now I only talk to a few, non judgmental, people who I can trust and rely on to help me.





If this doesn't seem like a viable option, then just have a small ceremony with your parents and siblings and FORGET the rest of the complainers. The people who are making this hell for you are very selfish and not thinking of you. I can relate.





Best of luck!
LOOK it is your wedding - do not listen to anyone do what you want and what makes you happy. I am also planning to get married this year in September in i went with my fiance to book the church and the reception! NO QUESTIONS ASKED.





Its your wedding!!!! NOT THEIRS! Everyone always wants to put their 2 cents in. Your wedding should be about you and your fiance - do not forget that!





Wedding planning does put a strain on the relationship! Do not let this put a stop to your wedding!
I was at that place yesterday, except it was in my own head. Unlike you, I don't have much help/input/advice, so I was freaking out a little bit on how much I need to deal with on my own.





So, I guess I have total control and you feel like you're losing control? I would take a break from all of it (if time permits) for at least a day. Do nothing wedding related. Don't take calls. It all looks different when we don't have our heads wrapped up in the details 24/7.





As for the 20 people pulling you in different directions . . . it's really up to you to be authoritative. Your role is to make the important decisions. Venue, DJ, etc. that's all you! They can help by choosing music they'd like to hear. I don't think you lost control, I think you gave it away.





Input %26amp; suggestions are fine, being overbearing is not! You need to take charge %26amp; let them know that you are the decision maker and they are there to help offer opinions %26amp; suggestions that work with what you've already decided.





Example: I decide on outdoor venue, someone says psssha at me, and I let them know that's final. Outdoors on the Lake. Work with it! That's your only option.
Never not marrie the man of your dreams because of people driving you crazy over ideas. I think you should set boundaries. In a nice way tell all those people it's you're day and you will plan it your way! I have been where you are. It's not easy, but its YOUR wedding not theirs.





Good Luck!


Much Happiness
Block out what everyone else is saying... this is you and your fiance's wedding... don't worry about other people and their ideas.. pick what you like best.. the important thing is that you enjoy your wedding... it's to celebrate between you and the love of your life.. don't let all of these people ruin it.. do it your way.. pick the stuff you like.. everyone else will get over it
Honestly, if still want to get married to him but don't want all the stress, then go elope and have party afterwards. after my wedding, my wife and i agreed, running off and getting eloped would have been much easier and less stressful.
It sounds like you want to marry him but don't want to be hassled about the wedding. I say just elope or have a small wedding with family only. We planned ours in 2 weeks had a small wedding then a party 2 weeks after that at my mom's house. A family friend made my wedding cake and my mom made the food. It was great all our friends at a party and no stress.
simplify the wedding and use the money to go to some romantic place for wedding vacation. enjoy your time there just two of you. that will be the best memory for your silver or gold aniversary.
Either elope so you don't have to deal with the wedding stuff anymore, or postpone the date and give the reason you just said! it's too much! Maybe the next time you guys give it a go everyone around you will know to tone it down a bit and give you space to plan your wedding with your ideas, not theirs.





Good luck!
Elope one weekend.





Weddings are stressful, and it continues until the wedding is finally over.





BUT -- it is your day. You can tell everyone to back off and let you figure out what you want to do -- and you'll get away with any attitude because they will attribute it to bride's jitters.





Don't take the phone calls you don't want to take. Do it your way and it will be your day -- or elope over the weekend, then have a reception or party.
go somewhere beautiful like hawaii or new zealand by yourselves and get married with just the two of you. Then everyone who has different ideas can each throw you a little party when you get back and they can do that their way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment